Job Position | Template
Job Title: Bank Teller
Job Category/Dept: Retail Banking
Salary Range: Hourly (Non-Exempt)
Position Type: Full Time
Position Reports To : Operations Manager/ Bank Manager
The Bank Teller will complete deposits, withdrawals and other financial interactions while providing excellent customer service to all customers.
Role and Responsibilities
- Accurately conducts retail transactions on behalf of the bank including, but not limited to; cashing checks, accepting deposits, savings transactions, CD transactions; loan payments, new accounts, debit cards, cashier’s checks, safe deposit box, bond redemption and administrative duties.
- Enters transactions in banks record keeping system, recording all transactions, and producing customer receipts.
- Evaluates documents to verify endorsements, dates, identification of persons receiving payments, bank names, and overall legality of the documents.
- Supports efforts to track various transactions using appropriate technology.
- Responsible for the preparation of Currency Transaction Reports (CTR’s) within the required time frames.
- Balances all monies in cash drawers and vault at the end of shifts.
- Accepts and counts inventories of cash and checks each day.
- Maintains a work area that ensures the safety of all negotiables and confidential records and document.
- Identifies and capitalizes on opportunities to promote new banking services.
- Prepares monies for deposit or shipment to branch banks or the Federal Reserve Bank.
- Maintains cash supply to meet daily needs.
- Maintain confidentiality of all customer information. Follow established bank policies and procedures and established safety measures.
- Responsible for supporting bank compliance efforts and ongoing training.
- Opening / Closing duties.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Highschool Diploma or equivalent.
- Cash handling experience preferred.
- This job requires ongoing regulatory training.
Preferred Skills/ Abilities
- Excellent verbal and written communication.
- Excellent math skills.
- Excellent customers service and interpersonal skills.
- Trustworthiness and ability to act with integrity and confidentiality.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to lift up to 20lbs or more.
- Ability to maintain regular and reliable attendance.
Tools and Technology
- Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use sight, talk or hear; frequently stand, walk; use hand to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. Must be able to access and navigate each department at the organization’s facilities. The employee may need to stand or sit for long periods of time.
- This job operates in a professional office environment.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities required of the employee. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change, or new ones may be assigned at anytime with or without notice. Stockmens Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 1 year
- Under 1 year
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
- High school or equivalent (Required)
- Cash Handling: 1 year (Preferred)
Work Location: In person